Executive Chef Position is located in Waynesboro, VA - Hours Wed-Sun.
To be considered for the role of Executive Chef, please submit an up-to-date RESUME & 3 PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES - (cover letters are nice, too)
Stable Craft Brewing is a farm brewery and winery situated in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains of central Virginia, just outside of Charlottesville. We offer an agri-pub farm brewery experience. We complement our hand-craft beers & ciders with a culinary-inspired farm menu.
Stable Craft Brewing & Cidery is hiring a hands-on Executive Chef to work with our existing staff in developing banquet menus, quick-serve menus, manage food costs and kitchen procedures.
This job has the opportunity to develop into a full-time Executive Chef position for the right candidate. We operate a Wednesday through Sunday schedule, evening hours and weekends.
Salary paid vacation, PTO for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Day and July 4, Available Health insurance, continuing education.
- Greenhouse on-site available to grow vegetables, herbs
- Farm eggs on-site
- Brewery grain exchanged for beef with local farm
- Air-conditioned kitchen
- New equipment and an appropriate budget for tools/equipment
- Professional hospitality management
- Career culinary owner
Executive Chef Responsibilities and Duties
Restaurant and In-House Catering Operations
- Lead BOH hiring & training.
- Direct & manage BOH operations in a manner that assures a professional and well-run kitchen that puts the same high standards into every plate
- Lead Menu Development and recipes within the company vision in collaboration with the full management & ownership team.
- Works collaboratively with the FOH team to assure an exceptional guest experience, proper costs, and cohesive operations.
- Develop & Implement policies and procedures that meet or exceed health code, safety, and sanitary standards
- Unyielding in their cleanliness & food safety standards as well as exceptional at proper at food cost controls.
- Lead hiring & training systems that will attract & retain the highest quality team members
- Lead in ongoing repair, maintenance, & cleaning programs for all aspects of the BOH.
- Hands-on & active shift management that leads and manages by example while remaining in control in a high volume, demanding environment all while maintaining a positive, fun work environment.
- Expected to lead from the line during rush, actively cooking when busy.
- We are a hands-on, active management team. We work our line, we work our floor, we are not just directors of the team.
- Lead in developing beer dinners & the culinary aspects of special events collaboratively with the Head Brewer, Hospitality Director, and Marketing Department
Executive Chef Administrative & Business Management
- Manage Inventory & Purchasing procedures that assure the highest quality and proper inventory levels for expected business.
- Embraces and can develop management systems with proper recipes, pars, training, and controls.
- Manage BOH cost control systems including labor, supplies, and other restaurant-level operating costs.
- Assist with the development & implementation of systems that achieve financial & sales goals of the company
- Manage location level bookkeeping & accounting duties including Payroll, Invoice Management, Store level vendor payments.
- Manage all areas of the Kitchen & BOH team.
The ideal Executive Chef will:
- Embrace craft beer and the craft brewery culture, incorporating our beer and our culture into the ideas, menu items, and management you bring to the company.
- Passionate about our beer & food, and how they are served together.
- Knowledge or experience with the ingredients of beer, cooking with and pairing with craft beer.
Executive Chef Required Experience:
- 5+ yrs experience in a full-service kitchen as Chef, Kitchen Manager, Sous Chef, or similar experience; hotel and resort experience a bonus.
- Successful history of controllable costs result
- Dynamic and assertive leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams
- Open and unrestricted availability.
- A positive attitude that presents itself in the outstanding leadership of our team.
- Basic computer proficiency including Google Docs and Aloha POS.
- Micros or similar Point of Sale systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing and able to pass background checks.
- Must be able to become ServSafe Certified.