POSITION OVERVIEW: Line cooks prepare much of the food that comes out of the kitchen. They work under a head chef or sous chef, and each line cook is typically assigned a particular place on the line, such as the grill, stove or vegetable prep area. Other responsibilities are presentation and storage of menu items as designated by standard, recipes and health codes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in food and beverage is preferred.
- Previous guest/customer relations training preferred.
- Good understanding of the English language.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 pounds.
- Push/pull carts and equipment up to 150 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Work environment – Kitchen, restaurant, and all areas of the hotel. Job involves working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor and outdoor settings
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length. Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.