OVERVIEW: The Barista is responsible for maintaining a positive environment, which provides fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a total quality experience for both our guests and team members.
Primary shifts are 5:30am – 1:30pm or 6am – 2pm.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
- Computer skills required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Experience with food & beverage (Micros POS) Point of Sale System is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in food and beverage is preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience is preferred.
- Certification in food handlers’ program required.
- Good understanding of the English language.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 25 pounds.
- Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 100 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a variety of tasks with minimal direction.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes weekends and holidays.
- Approach all encounters with guests and fellow associates in an attentive friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm friendly courteous and professional manner.
- Provide quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Prepare coffee barista drinks, specialty drinks and food orders utilizing the Turbo Chef.
- Take orders, prepare food and beverage items, distribute pre-packaged and prepared food items, and deliver orders to guest rooms as needed.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in all applicable departments.
- Perform side work and opening & closing duties throughout your shift as required.
- Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day.
- Follow property key policies, including checking out and returning keys to appropriate departments.
- Ability to answer the telephone according to standards.
- Input orders into cash register and collect payment from the guest.
- Communicate additional food requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Clean and wipe down areas and tables as guests leave seating area.
- Prepare and replenish displays to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation from opening to closing.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/ storage areas; and cold chain compliance across all food related departments.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including washing and disinfecting hands prior to handling food.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager/supervisor is product doesn’t meet specifications.
- Set-up and break down workstation with required tools, equipment and supplies, ensuring items are to established specs, ensuring adequate fill containers, storing items appropriately, and cleaning station as appropriate.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtaining change required for expected business.
- Follow property control audit standards and cash handling procedures.
- Count bank at the end of your shift, complete cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts and secure bank.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment and machines.
- Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, Commonwealth Lodging Management and hotel policies and procedures. As well as the brand standards, policies and procedures.
- This job description is not intended to provide a complete and comprehensive list of all job duties, requirements and responsibilities. Instead, it is provided as a general overview of the expectations for the position.