POSITION OVERVIEW: The Position involves high Guest Contact and presents the first point of contact to our guests in the common areas of the hotel. Maintain a high standard of sanitation and cleanliness of the hotel. While keeping all areas free of safety hazards and performing tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
This industry functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four (24) hours a day. Regular attendance in accordance with company standards is essential for success in this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
- Prefer 1-2 years experience in hospitality industry in similar position.
- Previous guest/customer relations training preferred.
- Good understanding of the English language.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 pounds.
- Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 200 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Work environment – Guest Rooms, Guest and Service Corridors, Housekeeping Office. Job involves working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor settings, and around fumes and/or odor hazards, dust and/or mite hazards, biohazards and chemicals.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length. Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling
- Must be able to reach above head and shoulder height to perform job duties.
- Be in proper uniform, with nametag. non-slip, closed toe, flat shoes.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Work to resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively with guests as well as team members
- Maintain knowledge of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, room rates, special packages and promotions, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures and scheduled daily group activities.
- Be familiar with all local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Use all chemicals in accordance with OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Complete daily report as instructed by supervisor.
- Stock linen room with supplies.
- Empty linen from housekeeping carts.
- Sweep and mop areas in front of elevators; clean all trash cans, and clean elevator track.
- Maintain pool areas. Clean pool windows and bathroom daily.
- Clean ice and soda machines on all floors.
- Dust light fixtures in hallways.
- Remove all dirty linen from laundry chutes.
- Remove all dirty linen from hallways.
- Pick up trash from all floors after the room attendants finish for the day.
- Turn in lost and found items immediately to the supervisor.
- Provide assistance to co-workers and guests as needed.
- Notify supervisor of any guests’ complaints or comments.
- No houseperson is allowed in any guestroom at any time unless requested by the supervisor. All housepersons are to be in plain view at all times.
- Maintain guest confidentiality at all times.
- Assists in handling emergencies in order to protect our guest and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. Must act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status.
- Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, Commonwealth Lodging Management and hotel policies and procedures. As well as the brand standards, policies and procedures.
- This job description is not intended to provide a complete and comprehensive list of all job duties, requirements and responsibilities. Instead, it is provided as a general overview of the expectations for the position.