POSITION OVERVIEW: The Position involves high guest contact and presents the first point of contact to dining for all guests. To provide guests with the highest quality of service in a pleasant and prompt manner. To know proper table settings and up sell by making well Informed and eloquent suggestions. collect payments and pay gratuities. Maintain a high standard of sanitation and cleanliness. To be helpful and courteous in any manner of guest contact.
This industry functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four (24) hours a day. Regular attendance in accordance with company standards is essential for success in this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in food service preferred.
- Previous training in liquor, wine and food service preferred.
- Certification in alcohol awareness program preferred.
- Previous guest/customer relations training.
- Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Good understanding of the English language.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Carry a large oval tray with 6 covered dinners, approximately 20 pounds.
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 pounds. Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 150 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Work environment – F&B outlets, and all areas of the hotel. Job involves working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor and outdoor settings
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length. Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Be in proper uniform, with nametag.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Work to resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively with guests as well as team members
- Maintain knowledge of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, room rates, special packages and promotions, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures and scheduled daily group activities.
- Be familiar with all local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Maintain guest confidentiality at all times.
- Assists in handling emergencies in order to protect our guest and associates and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. Must act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status.
- Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, Commonwealth Lodging Management and hotel policies and procedures. As well as the brand standards, policies and procedures.
- This job description is not intended to provide a complete and comprehensive list of all job duties, requirements and responsibilities. Instead, it is provided as a general overview of the expectations for the position.