Dairy Market is Charlottesville's new and exciting Food and Market Hall. Retro Hospitality is seeking an experienced hospitality leader to join our team as the General Manager of this unique food & beverage concept.
This role will be responsible for leading and supporting the operations of the Dairy Market, including 11,500 square feet of retail space, eighteen (18) market vendors, a 166-seat common area, nearly 6,000 square feet of meeting and event space, and outdoor areas which will host community functions, activities and larger programmed events. Dairy Market is managed by Retro Hospitality and the General Manager will report to the CEO.
This position includes building and maintaining a strong presence in both the community and on property. The ideal General Manager candidate will have had experience and a successful track record in the following areas: event management, food and beverage management, and digital/social media marketing. Property opening experience is desired and an understanding of commercial real estate and tenant relations is valued.
1. Establish a strong working relationship with all market vendor partners for purposes of supporting their operating and marketing efforts at the highest efficiency.
2. Ensure market vendors are in full compliance with established operating standards including, adherence to all market rules and regulations, hours of operation and health and safety requirements.
3. Work closely with the designated commercial leasing and property management company to ensure a seamless operation of the market.
4. Identify challenges and deficiencies that impact the effectiveness of the overall operation and work with Retro Hospitality, the designated leasing/property management company, and ownership on solutions.
5. Develop and maintain strong community relations and strategic partnerships.
6. Develop, market, coordinate, manage and execute a high volume of programmed events and activities that drive measurable revenues and enhance the image of the market as a destination location.
7. Work alongside the Sales & Events Manager to execute a variety of special events and groups in Dairy Market’s private event space.
8. Oversee and assist the Sales Manager with the development of catering menus, special event packages, and sales contracts.
9. Achieve promotional, special event, catering and banquet sales goals.
10. Analyze current/potential market and sales trends and advise Retro Hospitality on additional avenues to drive more business volume and increased revenue.
11. Assist with the implementation of new initiatives.
12. Participate in the preparation of the annual sales and marketing plans, business and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the market.
13. Maintain the highest level of customer engagement to ensure our guests have the best experience possible.
14. Recruit, hire, train, coach, develop and lead our team. The General Manager will also be responsible for all quarterly employee reviews and staff disciplinary actions, when necessary.
15. Schedule and maintain optimal staffing levels based on both the anticipated and actual fluctuations in business.
16. Responsible for bi-weekly payroll processing for Retro employees.
17. Manage accounts payables and accounts receivables for Retro operated areas of the business.
18. Order and maintain a consistent inventory of operating supplies and equipment.
19. Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness in all public areas.
20. Strict compliance with all employment, health, safety and Virginia Alcohol and Beverage rules and regulations.
21. Follow additional COVID-19 operating procedures including enhanced cleaning & sanitation measures, enforcing proper social distancing regulations, and monitoring total building occupancy levels.
22. Participate in management/ownership meetings as scheduled.
23. Perform other duties as reasonably assigned by the CEO of Retro Hospitality or its designated representative.