A Line Cook is responsible for ensuring that menu items are prepared and presented to deliver an excellent guest experience while also assisting with food cost controls.
- Arrive at scheduled start time in appropriate uniform and ready for work.
- Consistent safe and sanitary food storage, preparation and cooking.
- Monitor and control maintenance/sanitation of kitchen and equipment.
- Adherence to all safety protocols including handling and transportation of foods and knife work.
- Recognize and follow quality standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, dairy products and grains, including proper storage of these items.
- Effective utilization of leftovers and control of waste.
- Possess the understanding and ability to properly use seasoning for a range of culturally diverse foods.
- Knowledge of common food allergens and their substitutes.
- Cook using a repertoire of cooking methods including poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying and baking.
- Produce from scratch menu quality food in appropriate portion size, cut and quantity.
- Ensure all food is prepared and presented in accordance with appropriate recipes, presentations and with guest orders.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
- Assist team members when needed to accomplish all assigned tasks each day and maintain positive working relationships.
- Watch for safety hazards and report them immediately to your Supervisor/Manager.
- Attend all mandatory Department and Hotel meetings.
- Complete all required training within time-frame allotted.
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures as required.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Support environmental commitments by acquiring the knowledge, skills and values to be a leader in the global goal of “greening” the hospitality industry
- Minimum 18 years of age
- US work authorization required
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must meet grooming standards
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work with little or no supervision
- Previous hotel/resort experience (preferred)
- Minimum one-year hospitality or restaurant food service experience required
- Ability to understand and comply with proper food preparation, cooking, handling and storage
- Ability to understand and comply with kitchen sanitation, safety and equipment usage
- Able to demonstrate high energy, and strong enthusiasm for customer service
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and verbal forms
- Able to work on your feet for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
***Must be available to work between 3pm-1am, including some weekends & holidays. Days of the week may vary each week, and some shifts may be 10-12hrs during peak times. Must be flexible, schedule subject to change based on changing business levels***
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee discount, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance, etc.
Following all COVID-19 precautions as instructed by the CDC, the State of VA, Hilton and HRI Properties.