Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association
Position:Director of Marketing and Communications – Full Time
Reports To:Senior Director of Marketing & Membership & President
The Marketing and Communications Director is responsible for the overall strategy, management, and execution of all marketing and communications efforts of the Association. This position’s primary responsibility is for the development and implementation of marketing communications and awards programs for members and non-members. Additionally, the position supports the Association’s individual department’s needs, special events, sponsorships, public relations, and technology/data.
- Manages and develops content strategy for the association website (VRLTA, Virginia is for Restaurant Lovers, VA1 & Ordinary Awards sites) and social media (VRLTA/Virginia is for Restaurant Lovers/VA1 Facebook pages, VRLTA Instagram, LinkedIn, & Twitter accounts).
- Develops and execute correspondence for all outbound member communication including all promotional and sales materials, events, a bi-weekly enewsletter, statewide travel publications, Quarterly Magazine, governmental affairs communications and member engagement and marketing reports.
- Design all materials needed by the association including print materials, digital, social media, logos and icons.
- Coordinates event publicity including advertising and material design, production and distribution.
- Assist public relations contractors with sharing VRLTA’s stories and news
- Cultivate sales collateral for sponsorship development of VA1 conference, Ordinary Awards/Fall meeting, Legislative Day on the Hill & Virginia Prostart Invitational for the Association along with special events for the Association and special events.
- Assists with event logistics including, vendor/sponsor coordination and management, pre-event logistics/operational details pre-event, marketing and promotions and on-site event management.
- Manage and execute the Association's annual awards program, the Ordinary Awards. Including maintaining the website, developing communications to members and non-members, managing nominations and voting.
- Manage and update the website and marketing communications for the statewide VA-1 Tourism Summit.
- Management, with sales team, of Partnership programs and administration.
- Provide guidance on technology needs for communications, including but not limited to MemberClicks CRM, websites, email marketing system, system integrations, etc.
- Exceptional project planning, project management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop), Constant Contact, Phone2Action and other programs
- Understanding of database management for MemberClicks and marketing/communications technologies
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and provide timely results
- Thorough attention to detail, excellent listening skills, and exceptional focus on customer service
- Strong knowledge of social media communications including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and others
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work flow
- Creative graphic design
Excellent, flexible and fun work environment. Competitive salary and benefits. Send cover letter and resume to: VRLTA, 5101 Monument Avenue, Suites 206, Richmond, VA 23230 or email, [email protected]