Position: Sous Chef
Department: Food & Beverage
Supervisor: Executive Chef, Director of Food & Beverage, General Manager
Position Overview: The Sous Chef is responsible to assist the Executive Chef with overall kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, thorough planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
- 3+ years’ experience in a professional high volume up-scale kitchen and fast paced environment
- Culinary Certificate or Degree by an accredited culinary agency preferred
- Solid knowledge of current food trends and ethnic style cooking
- Certification in food handlers manager program.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length. Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 pounds
- Able to work extended periods of time standing up
- Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 100 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Interacts with guests and associates to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- To be aware of all financial budgets and goals.
- Utilizing forecasts to schedule proper levels of staffing while adhering to labor standards guidelines.
- Review/maintain daily payroll report/records, ensures labor costs conform t