JMU Dining Services Job Descriptions
• Coordinate, plan, participate, and supervise the production, preparation and presentation of food.
• Provide a safe, sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive quality products.
• Supervise and participate in the production, preparation, and presentation of all foods for unit as assigned by the Aramark Executive Chef to ensure that a consistent quality product is produced which conforms to all established standards.
• Interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend discipline as appropriate, and perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Candidate will possess two to three years of post-high school education, preferably a culinary degree.
• Two to three year’s experience as a Sous Chef/Chef de Cuisine or related culinary position is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession is required; this includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or problems and excellent oral, reading and written communication skills.
• Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.