Located in the picturesque town of Washington, Virginia.
30 minutes from Culpeper, Front Royal, and Warrenton, Virginia
40 minutes from Gainesville and Stephen City, Virginia
Just a bit over an hour from Reston, Loudoun County, Virginia and Washington, DC.
Since 1978 The Inn at Little Washington, located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains, has been one of the most decorated restaurants and hotels in the world. There is no better time to join our growing team of exceptional people. Your next career awaits.
Some of our awards include Michelin 3 Stars, Forbes 5 Stars, Michelin Green Star, AAA 5 Diamonds, and Wine Spectator Grand Award. Member of Relais & Chateaux.
Why join our team:
- Health, vision and dental insurance (full time employees)
- Paid time off (Full time employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan with match
- On-the-job training
- Employee education allowance
- Advancement potential
- Flexible schedules
- Employee appreciation events
- Complimentary uniforms
- Delicious “family” meals daily prepared by the chefs
- Referral bonuses
- Competitive pay
The Reservations agent is responsible for assisting guests by serving as a brand ambassador being able to articulate services The Inn provides to offer wealth of knowledge to all guests. The Reservations Agent serves as the guests first interaction with The Inn and sets the tone for the experience to come. The agent assists the guest by helping them select the ideal experience of room and dinner reservation, while maximizing revenue. The Reservation Agent also serves as concierge, assisting the guest by answering questions about additional activities and attractions available in the area. Paramount to this role is providing guest service in accordance to Forbes 5-Star and AAA 5-Diamond standards.
- Deliver guest service in accordance with Forbes 5-Star, AAA 5-Diamond, and Michelin 3-Star standards.
- Manage incoming phone calls and emails relative to room reservations, dinner reservations, and special requests. Includes the processing of online reservations, gift certificates, and general inquiries.
- Communicate with fellow Agents to ensure daily tasks are being completed and guest needs are being met.
- Complete reservation confirmations.
- Operate several computer-based reservation systems.
- Requires the ability to guide guests toward completion of a reservation by providing relevant information and answering questions.
- Consistently meet the Inn’s uniform and grooming standards.
- Requires the capacity for following written and verbal instructions and eagerness to learn.
- Maintaining Cleanliness of the department by regularly dusting, vacuuming the office as directed by the Reservations Manger.
- Ensuring the sanitization of the reservations workstation by cleaning and disinfecting the desk, computer and phone per standing SOP’s provided by the Reservations Manager.
- Consistently serve as an ambassador to The Inn at Little Washington in all interactions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hospitality experience is preferred, but not essential.
- Sales background preferred, but not essential.
- At least 1 year of experience in an office setting.
- At least 1 year of experience in guest/customer service.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be well-groomed and well-presented. All visible tattoos must be covered.
EXPECTED ATTITUDES & SKILLS
- Must be able to communicate with guests in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and handle large call volume.
- Must possess excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and quick problem-solving skills.
- Being a role model, exhibiting curiosity, empathy, agility and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Having a passion for the brand by taking responsibility and ownership,
- Possessing excellent interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
- Refined communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Preferred ability to speak 2nd language, Spanish or French.
- Computer proficiency, preferable in Excel, Microsoft Word, Google, ResortSuite Retail
**The Inn at Little Washington is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws**