Located in the picturesque town of Washington, Virginia.
30 minutes from Culpeper, Front Royal, and Warrenton, Virginia
40 minutes from Gainesville and Stephen City, Virginia
Just a bit over an hour from Reston and Loudoun County, Virginia
Patty O’s Café & Bakery is a new restaurant by Patrick O’Connell, the award-winning chef and proprietor of The Inn at Little Washington. Slated to open in the fall of 2021, Patty O’s will feature American classics inspired by Chef O’ Connell’s childhood, as well as, magical dream-like murals, incredible handcrafted cocktails, wine, beer, and a grab and go bakery of delightful French inspired pastries; there will be something for everyone.
Why join our team:
Come be a part of history and the legacy of the first ever Patty O's Cafe & Bakery!
Participate in daily Front of House operations to deliver a casual, comfortable yet sophisticated experience to all guests. Maintain all aspects of the service areas and dining room. Serves as the ambassador of the establishment.
· Able to execute the mechanics and standards of service
· Maintains organized workstations during service
· Demonstrates knowledge of basic dining room standards and etiquette
· Is conscious of time-management and order-of-operation skills
· Able to confidently speak about The Inn at Little Washington
· Extensive beverage knowledge; BTG’s, house cocktails, beer
· Extensive knowledge of all food items on menu
· Exhibits anticipatory service
· Knowledge of entry level resort-suite functions
· Full understanding of all billing requirements; splitting checks, discounts, room charges, and transferring checks
· Able to execute tableside Ceasar Salad presentation
· Will regularly update guest profile in Tock to build the database
· Able to enter orders correctly and efficiently
· Is directly responsible for the section before and during service
· Knowledgeable of The Forbes 5-Star standards
· Communicates to the kitchen with the needs of the section
· Familiarity with Forbes Standards
· Ability to communicate in a language other than English, preferably Spanish or French
· Certification in alcohol awareness program
· Certification in CPR
· Prior experience with Resortsuite and Tock
· Advanced wine knowledge
· Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing
· Strong interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written
· Must always be organized and maintain cleanliness of workstation
· Ability to speak using clear and professional language
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to assist guests with questions about the property, history, and
· Must be able to lift 30+ lbs.
· Able to stand, bend and walk for long periods of time
· Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting and climbing
**The Inn at Little Washington is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws**