Player Services Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for direct supervision of the cage operations in accordance with company Internal Control Policies and Procedures, Bank Securities Act, any state and federal regulations, and the company’s Responsible Gaming Plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
1. Provides next-level guest service to internal and external guests. Demonstrates #AddLife culture in all interactions with guests and co-workers.
2. Hires, motivates, trains, coaches, mentors, and directs staff to ensure that Team Members receive leadership, guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
3. Responsible for creating and fostering an environment of support and motivation for Team Members.
4. Assists in establishing department standards, guidelines and objectives, and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
5. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information in accordance with established procedures with company policy and state regulations.
6. Reviews activities in all reporting areas in order to gauge and improve staffing levels, working conditions and other matters which influence quality guest service and profitability.
7. Reviews the work activities of subordinate employees to ensure that work is being performed within the standards established by management.
8. Assists in management of regulatory and internal control procedure audits. Researches and documents any findings. Follows-up on corrective action and recommends policy as well as procedural changes to mitigate future deficiencies.
9. Understands department objectives, standards, guidelines and budget to achieve effective supervision of department; adjusts daily schedule according to business levels.
10. Monitors credit granting and collection policies and procedures to ensure established guidelines comply with all internal and external regulatory directives and laws.
11. Maintains protection of extremely large amounts of currency, ensuring prevention of loss by providing extreme care and attention to detail.
12. Evaluates and prepares daily cash deposit and electronic check deposits.
13. Ensures procedures and proper controls are strictly enforced to protect assets.
14. Monitors and evaluates overall company activities in relation to departmental operations to ensure integration of company needs with the services rendered through credit and collections.
15. Reviews compliance with relevant gaming regulations to ensure that the cage is operating within these parameters, as well as company policies and procedures.
16. Works with customer relations issues that are beyond the authority of staff in order to resolve situations in an equitable manner.
17. Monitors and evaluates the activities of Cage Cashiers to ensure achievement of financial, policy and regulatory objectives.
18. Approves permanent check-cashing limits of guests within designated limits and according to criteria in order to allow qualified customers to have convenient access to funds, with the objective of encouraging greater gaming activities.
19. Responsible for communication within department ensuring information is shared with team members.
20. Maintains contact with Security and Surveillance Agents and the bank to locate variances and ensure proper handling of monies.
21. Resolves problems that are within the position's scope of authority and recommends courses of action to resolve problems that are beyond the scope of authority to the position supervisor.
22. Monitors the day-to-day activities of the department(s) as subject to established company policies.
23. Keeps position supervisor informed of relevant activities.
24. Other duties as assigned.
Regulatory and Compliance Responsibilities: In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations.
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Company.
• Obtain and retain required license(s).
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
• Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gaming.
• Report any acts of wrongdoing of which the Team Member may have knowledge.
Position Qualifications: High school diploma or GED, and tw0 to five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in high volume cash operations. Proficient in using the Ten Key Adding Machine. Must have a professional demeanor and be able to communicate well with the public. Must be able to work in an intense and fast paced environment where a high degree of concentration is necessary to perform job duties. Must be able to formulate and communicate ideas and to make independent decisions. Proficiency in Excel and Word required.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Virginia Racing Commission License
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages subordinates who may supervise employees. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the unit(s).
A list of physical demands, equipment, & work environment demands can be reviewed in Human Resources. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.