Position Summary: Maintains a clean and safe dish area by washing all dishes, pots, and pans and mopping floors. Maintains a clean dining area by clearing and cleaning (“bussing”).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
- Provides next-level guest service to internal and external guests. Demonstrates #AddLife culture in all interactions with guests and co-workers.
- Responsible for creating and fostering an environment of support and motivation for Team Members.
- Resolves problems that are within the position's scope of authority and recommends courses of action to resolve problems that are beyond the scope of authority to the position’s supervisor.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information in accordance with established procedures with company policy and state regulations.
- Cleans and empties dishwashing machine every 2 hours or more if needed.
- Racks, rinses, washes, and places plates in dish dolly quickly and efficiently.
- Removes bus tubs from cart upon arrival in dish area and replaces with clean tub for service.
- Removes silverware from pre-soak tub and runs through on flat tray; sorts in standing caddy and runs through dishwashing machine a second time.
- Washes all dishes, wipes down walls and dish area; cleans pots and pans sink prior to breaks and close of shift.
- Sweeps and mops floors, including under all tables and racks.
- Cleans and dries pots, pans, and serving utensils before being stored.
- Removes trash during shift as needed and at the end of each shift; includes cleaning and returning trashcans to dishwashing area.
- Checks trash cans and dining room continuously.
- Notifies chef of any needed supplies for dishwashing area.
- Puts away deliveries after they are received.
- Checks plates, glasses, and flatware to make sure they are clean before use.
- Sorts, dries, and polishes silverware frequently.
- Breaks down dish machine, cleans, and reassembles.
- Promotes clean, safe, and neat environment for customers, self and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety and other safety procedures.
- Keeps position supervisor informed of relevant activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Regulatory and Compliance Responsibilities: In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Company.
- Obtain and retain required license(s).
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gaming.
- Report any acts of wrongdoing of which the Team Member may have knowledge.
Position Qualifications: No prior experience or training required.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Virginia Racing Commission License and Serv-Safe