Hourly rate of $10 + tip
Position Summary: Responsible for serving food and beverage items to guests in the Sports Bar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
- Provides next-level guest service to internal and external guests. Demonstrates #AddLife culture in all interactions with guests and co-workers.
- Responsible for creating and fostering an environment of support and motivation for Team Members.
- Resolves problems that are within the position's scope of authority and recommends courses of action to resolve problems that are beyond the scope of authority to the position’s supervisor.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information in accordance with established procedures with company policy and state regulations.
- Takes food and beverage orders from guests and relays orders to bartender. Required to remember the guest, their location, and their order.
- Maintains cleanliness of guest areas including removing empty dishes, and glasses/bottles.
- Follows through on sequence of service standards ensuring a high level of guest satisfaction and guest attentiveness.
- Monitors the guests’ drink consumption to try to prevent guest(s) from becoming intoxicated. Notifies proper supervisory personnel if a guest does appear intoxicated.
- Follows all cash handling and Point of Sale procedures.
- Restocks service well with supplies as needed.
- Checks supplies and maintains proper set up and cleanliness of service stations & side duties before, during and after each shift.
- Prepares coffee and soft drinks for the drink orders.
- Properly garnishes drinks.
- Keeps position supervisor informed of relevant activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Regulatory and Compliance Responsibilities: In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Company.
- Obtain and retain required license(s).
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gaming.
- Report any acts of wrongdoing of which the Team Member may have knowledge.
Position Qualifications: High School diploma or general education degree (GED); previous beverage experience in a high volume, fast paced and fine dining establishments, sophisticated bar/casino preferred, but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Virginia Racing Commission License and Serv-Safe