Position Summary: The Sports Bar General Manager will lead a team to start-up, optimize and grow a unique new sports bar concept for Colonial Downs Group in Virginia. This person will be responsible for managing all daily retail operations for the venue(s) in conjunction with property leadership, while working directly with developing ongoing business operations eventually leading to multi-site opportunity. The Sports Bar General Manager will be responsible for achieving business goals and ensure high levels of guest service across the brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This description excludes basic marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. All employees are expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
1. Showcase the brand emphasizing service, quality and community creating an enthusiastic experience for all.
2. Provides next-level guest service and practice #AddLife culture in all interactions with guests, team members and communities.
3. Execute marketing campaigns for promotion of the sports bar including competitive analysis collaborating with marketing.
4. Program sports content and technical support for optimal fan experience.
5. Innovate to encourage fan engagement with the brand and supporting amenities including integrating live entertainment.
6. Engage in community events in the local communities supporting local sports and non-profits.
7. Liaise with Food & Beverage to assure optimal menu and beverage offerings according to region.
8. Maintain and update the venue collateral on-site and on-line website; consistently review and evaluate new features for functionality.
9. Maintain accuracy of promotional offers, digital content management, and event calendar to ensure operational structure.
10. Ensure appropriate training and staffing of Sports Bar teams.
11. Monitor and make recommendations on Sports Bar risk and liability for day-to-day and special event activity.
12. Establish department standards, guidelines, and objectives, and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
13. Review financial reports in detail and identify key business and operational findings.
14. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information in accordance with established procedures with company policy and state regulations.
15. Evaluate monthly performance, present key findings to partners and Senior Leadership, and make recommendations for operational improvement.
16. Resolve problems that are within the position's scope of authority and recommends courses of action to resolve problems that are beyond the scope of authority to the position supervisor.
17. Be the corporate point person/liaison for all Sports Bar Technology and specific outside vendors.
18. Monitor the day-to-day activities of the department(s) as subject to established company policies.
19. Other duties as assigned.
Regulatory and Compliance Responsibilities: In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations.
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Company.
• Obtain and retain required license(s).
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
• Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gaming.
• Report any acts of wrongdoing of which the Team Member may have knowledge.
Position Qualifications: Associate degree and/or bachelor's degree in Sports Bar segment of hospitality preferred plus a minimum 4 years of managerial experience working directly with team across multiple locations preferred. Other combinations of experience and education may be considered.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Virginia Racing Commission License, Valid Driver’s License, Serv Safe
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages subordinates who may supervise employees. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the unit(s).