The Barista is responsible for preparing and serving coffee and other beverages to guest and visitors of the hotel.
- Greet all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness.
- Present drink menus make specific recommendations and answer questions regarding coffee & other beverages.
- Prepare and serve coffee and non-coffee drinks consistent with Starbucks standard drink recipes.
- Record orders accurately and immediately after receipt into the POS system.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges, and make change (if applicable).
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the coffee bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves, and storage areas.
- Report all equipment problems and barista maintenance issues to manager/supervisor.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of inventory and supplies.
- Communicate effectively with guests, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Demonstrate teamwork by cooperating and assisting co-workers as needed.
- Ensure that guests a have a positive and memorable experience.
- Watch for safety hazards and report them immediately to your Supervisor/Manager.
- Attend all mandatory Department and Hotel meetings.
- Complete all required training within timeframe allotted.
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures as required.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
- Support environmental commitments by acquiring the knowledge, skills, and values to be a leader in the global goal of “greening” the hospitality industry.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- US work authorization required
- Previous barista & cash handling experience required.
- Working knowledge of POS system (preferred)
- Must meet grooming standards
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work with little or no supervision
- Able to prioritize, organize and follow-up
- Strong attention to detail and able to make concise decisions
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and verbal forms
- Able to demonstrate high energy, and strong enthusiasm for customer service
- Able to work on your feet for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
***Must be available to work between the hours of 5:30am-3pm, including some weekends & holidays. Days of the week will vary. Must be flexible, schedule subject to change based on changing business levels.***
Benefits for Full-Time: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee discount, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance, etc.
Following all precautions as instructed by the CDC, the State of VA, Hilton and HRI Properties.