Position Summary: Greets and attends to guests needs in dining area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
- Provides next-level guest service to internal and external guests. Demonstrates #AddLife culture in all interactions with guests and co-workers.
- Responsible for creating and fostering an environment of support and motivation for Team Members.
- Resolves problems that are within the position's scope of authority and recommends courses of action to resolve problems that are beyond the scope of authority to the position’s supervisor.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information in accordance with established procedures with company policy and state regulations.
- Greets guests and seats them according to dining preferences.
- Obtains cash from Main Bank and sets up cash drawer prior to shift (must be ready 10 minutes prior to appointed time).
- Checks cashier supplies such as register tape and settlement sheets and brown prior to each shift to ensure enough for the shift.
- Greets each guest upon arrival; receives cash, credit cards, or comps from customers as payment.
- Ensures accuracy in computing bill on cash register; makes correct change and issues receipt.
- Closes register at end of each shift to include counting down drawer and completing necessary paper work.
- Returns cash to the main bank, leaves a copy of shift checkout in the Restaurant Mail Box.
- Assures assigned section is ready for service prior to opening shift.
- Ensures quality service standards are followed; uses cost control measures (i.e. napkins, condiments, etc.)
- Adheres to established policies and procedures regarding customer service standards.
- Completes all assigned side work prior to leaving shift.
- Keeps position supervisor informed of relevant activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Regulatory and Compliance Responsibilities: In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Company.
- Obtain and retain required license(s).
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gaming.
- Report any acts of wrongdoing of which the Team Member may have knowledge.
Position Qualifications: High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Virginia Racing Commission License and Serv-Safe
A list of physical demands, equipment, & work environment demands can be reviewed in Human Resources. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.