Position Summary: Supervises the activities of the Food & Beverage department, under the direction of the manager, as subject to established company policies and local, state, and federal regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
- Provides next-level guest service to internal and external guests. Demonstrates #AddLife culture in all interactions with guests and co-workers.
- Provides guest service training and departmental orientation for new employees.
- Works with manager to provide on-going training for all employees.
- Ensures that the dining room is set up and ready for service.
- Oversees side work responsibilities and opening and closing duties.
- Coordinates with other F & B Supervisors and Managers on work schedules, ordering of food, and par levels.
- Assists with set-up and break down for private events.
- Responsible for creating and fostering an environment of support and motivation for Team Members.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information in accordance with established procedures with company policy and state regulations.
- Assists manager in reviewing activities in all reporting areas in order to gauge and improve staffing levels, working conditions and other matters which influence quality guest service and profitability.
- Reviews the work activities of subordinate employees to ensure that work is being performed within the standards established by management.
- Resolves problems that are within the position's scope of authority and recommends courses of action to resolve problems that are beyond the scope of authority to the position supervisor.
- Monitors the day-to-day activities of the department(s) as subject to established company policies.
- Keeps position supervisor informed of relevant activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Regulatory and Compliance Responsibilities: In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Company.
- Obtain and retain required license(s).
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gaming.
- Report any acts of wrongdoing of which the Team Member may have knowledge.
Position Qualifications: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to formulate and communicate ideas and to make independent decisions.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Virginia Racing Commission License and Serv-Safe
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages subordinates who may supervise employees.
A list of physical demands, equipment, & work environment demands can be reviewed in Human Resources. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.