Position Summary: Responsible for food preparation in accordance with current applicable state, local, and department standards, guidelines, and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
- Provides next-level guest service to internal and external guests. Demonstrates #AddLife culture in all interactions with guests and co-workers.
- Responsible for creating and fostering an environment of support and motivation for Team Members.
- Forecasts, oversees and coordinates work performed by Cook II’s and Stewards in the planning and preparation of menu items and in maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Provides complex hot and cold food preparation, such as sauces and gravies, including accompaniments and garnishes in accordance to established recipes and guidelines.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of advanced food preparation and handling techniques.
- Maintains knowledge of all kitchen equipment operation, including tear down, cleaning, and maintenance.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of safety and sanitation rules and practices.
- Plans and prepares entrees, vegetables, salads and desserts following preparation sheets and provided recipes for restaurant, deli, bar and special functions.
- Coordinates advance preparation as indicated, utilizing forecasts and headcounts to determine quantities required.
- Visually inspects all food sent from the kitchen to ensure plates are clean and appetizing.
- Completes food temperature checks daily. Tastes all food items prepared for quality assurance.
- Completes preparation records and stores food items properly at close of meal service.
- Coordinates subordinate cooks and stewards in order to maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Follows and enforces all safety and sanitation rules and practices.
- Ensures all food preparation and assembling is done in accordance with established procedures and recipes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fire and departmental safety procedures.
- Takes necessary precautions and follows correct procedures for lifting, equipment operation and knife usage.
- Resolves problems that are within the position's scope of authority and recommends courses of action to resolve problems that are beyond the scope of authority to the position’s supervisor.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information in accordance with established procedures with company policy and state regulations.
- Keeps position supervisor informed of relevant activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Regulatory and Compliance Responsibilities: In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Company.
- Obtain and retain required license(s).
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gaming.
- Report any acts of wrongdoing of which the Team Member may have knowledge.
Position Qualifications: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Virginia Racing Commission License and Serv-Safe
A list of physical demands, equipment, & work environment demands can be reviewed in Human Resources. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.