Position Summary: Responsible for the safety and security of the company assets, guests and Team Members while maintaining guest satisfaction and supporting the casino core values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
- Provides next-level guest service to internal and external guests. Demonstrates #AddLife culture in all interactions with guests and co-workers.
- Responsible for fostering an environment of support and motivation for Team Members.
- Attends daily briefings and meetings; is on time and participates in a positive manner.
- Ensures the smooth operation of the department by following prescribed policies and procedures, and by adhering to and enforcing the responsible gaming plan and internal control policies and procedures.
- Writes reports in a clear and concise manner noting only information based on facts, without interjection of one’s opinion.
- Responds to all non-routine incidents taking appropriate actions and making the proper notifications.
- Performs currency transports in accordance with casino procedures.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Communicates with other security personnel via two-way radios, using established "10-codes".
- Ensures quick, fair and consistent results to customer complaints.
- Safeguards property assets.
- Responds and reacts to First Aid situations and administering CPR.
- Adheres to all aspects of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Program and its regulations; including, but not limited to, Suspicious Activity Reporting and Customer Identification requirements.
- Ensures the integrity of gambling, banking, count room and cash handling procedures.
- Responsible for proper handling of confidential information, reports, incidents, and materials.
- Responsible for communication within the department, ensuring that information is shared with Team Members.
- Informs security senior management team of information necessary to the efficient operation of the casino.
- Resolves problems that are within the position's scope of authority and recommends courses of action to resolve problems that are beyond the scope of authority to the position’s supervisor.
- Keeps position supervisor informed of relevant activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Regulatory and Compliance Responsibilities: In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Company.
- Obtain and retain required license(s).
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gaming.
- Report any acts of wrongdoing of which the Team Member may have knowledge.
Position Qualifications: High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Formal security or law enforcement training, schooling or certification required; related on the job experience may be considered in lieu of formal training. Other combinations of education and relevant experience may be considered. Must be able to formulate and communicate ideas.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Virginia Racing Commission License
A list of physical demands, equipment, & work environment demands can be reviewed in Human Resources. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.