Events Coordinator will be responsible for executing a variety of meetings and special events in the Dairy Market’s private event space, The Brick Cellar, as well as its outdoor areas. Additionally, along with developing creative, in-house programming for the overall Market. While doing so, this role will build strong relationships with clients and the local community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following represents a list of essential duties and responsibilities; other duties may be assigned as required.
- Smile, have fun and be energetic!
- Provide the highest quality of service to clients at all times.
- Understand clients’ needs and wants and plan events in conjunction with the client.
- Work together with the food and beverage merchants on property as well as our preferred caterers to execute events.
- Detail each event and complete banquet event order form.
- Communicate with all departments, and preferred caterers, regarding upcoming events and client requests through weekly BEO meetings.
- Ensure the event is completed smoothly and resolve any problems that may occur.
- Encourage repeat business through excellent customer service and attention to detail.
- Follow set procedures on posting charges, cashing checks, taking deposits and issuing refunds.
- Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and policies.
- Complete assigned tasks and additional duties as requested by the Market Manager.
- Develop, coordinate, manage and execute a high volume of programmed events and activities that drive measurable revenues and enhance the image of the market as a destination location.
- Oversee Dairy Market’s donation program, Market Mondays, by identifying and establishing relationships with area nonprofits.
- Curate and manage the Brick Cellar’s Colthurst Gallery by overseeing the application and selection process of the artist(s), plan and execute programs that highlight the artist(s) as well as the gallery and assist with the marketing efforts in coordination with Retro Hospitality.
This position is hired through the market's management company, Retro Hospitality. Retro Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.