POSITION OVERVIEW: To provide guests with the highest quality of service in a pleasant and prompt
manner. To know proper table settings and Food and Beverage Service. To be helpful and courteous in
any manner of guest contact.
This industry functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four (24) hours a day. Regular attendance in
accordance with company standards is essential for success in this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in food service preferred.
• Previous training in liquor, wine and food service preferred.
• Certification in alcohol awareness program preferred.
• Previous guest/customer relations training.
• Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
• Good understanding of the English language.
• Good communication skills both written and verbal.
• Carry a large oval tray with 6 covered dinners, approximately 20 pounds.
• Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 pounds. Push/pull carts and other
equipment up to 150 pounds.
• Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
• Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
• Work environment - banquet rooms, and all areas of the hotel. Job involves working under
variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor and outdoor settings
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length. Must be willing
and have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.