Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in providing high quality service based on requirements
and standards. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection.
Provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the success of the event.
Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy to accomplish goals.
• One to Two Years of post-high school education, with two to three years in a related position.
• Advanced knowledge of catering, food and beverage, and the hospitality profession is required.
• Effective verbal and written English communication skills are required with a second language helpful.
This position is occasionally required the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs occasionally.
• Able to stand and/or walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
• Projects supply needs for the department, (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props).
• Applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event.
• Understands the impact of Banquet operations on the overall success of an event and manages
activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains established sanitation levels.
• Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment.
• Uses banquet beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet beverage perpetual
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
• Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth.
• Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet team.
• Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting-edge cuisine with
emphasis on current event trends.
• Acts as a liaison to the kitchen staff.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are
trained in safety procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey results and participates in the development and
implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses on continuous
improvement of guest satisfaction.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.